Acupuncture is a medicine that originated over 2000 years ago in China. Treatments are aimed to prevent illness, reduce pain, support vital function, and keep you in state of balance and well being. Acupuncture is medically recognized as an effective treatment for a host of conditions and also acts as a powerful preventative medicine
There are many different lineages of acupuncture. Each lineage has specific treatment considerations, needling style, and even point locations. The type of acupuncture you will receive at Remedy Durango is based on your goals, your sensitivity, and the nature of your complaint. Here is some information about the styles of acupuncture I commonly use:
Japanese Acupuncture is a style of acupuncture which employs very gentle and superficial needle insertion. This is the primary style of acupuncture you can expect at Remedy. It is excellent for people who are sensitive or new to acupuncture. Treatments are designed to stimulate your body's own healing energy to address blockage and disharmony. In addition to a comprehensive intake, Japanese acupuncture relies on the examination of the pulse and abdomen to determine a diagnosis and treatment plan. Japanese treatments are focused on pulse balancing and usually include a combination of acupuncture, moxibustion, hara work, and meridian handwork.
Auricular Acupuncture is acupuncture performed on the ear. The ear is a microsystem of the body. This means that the ear has areas that correlate to all of the internal and external structures of the body.
Auricular acupuncture is often used as an adjunct to body acupuncture to calm the mind and spirit. In many treatments, a needle will be placed in a point called shenmen to help bring the body back to a place of homeostatic balance. As a primary treatment, auricular acupuncture is particularly useful in the treatment of PTSD, anxiety, emotional disorders, and insomnia. Additionally, there are specific protocols on the ear for weight loss, addiction, hormonal balance, and immune modulation.
Auricular Stress/Anxiety Package: $499
- Developed specifically to shift you into a parasympathetic state and help you create a more resilient stress response.
- includes initial consult and 1 stress/anxiety treatment per week for 8 weeks.
Tan/Tung are branches of Taiwanese Acupuncture that, among many things, are highly effective in treating pain based complaints. The areas where needles are inserted will seldom be the same area that you experience pain. This is called distal or balancing treatment. It is designed to alleviate pain and internal complaints without using needles where you are already sensitive. Meridians that correlate with the place you experience pain will be palpated to detect sensitive or "ashi" points. These are the places where needles will be inserted. This style of acupuncture aims to dramatically reduce how your condition is affecting you before your treatment has ended.
Trigger Point Therapy
At Remedy, we understand many of our clients are outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, and lovers of life. We also believe that movement is a foundational aspect of wellness and vitality. We offer trigger point therapy to help relax and reset your muscles so you can get back to what you love.
Trigger Point Therapy is, in essence, "dry" needling. This style of acupuncture is used for muscular tightness and pain. It is a targeted therapy in which acupuncture needles are inserted into muscular trigger points to elicit a “twitch” or contraction. A series of twitches is ideal to release and reset the muscle. The effectiveness of trigger point therapy can be increased when combined with trigger point injections, which deliver an anti-inflammatory and pain relieving homeopathic directly to the injured/affected muscle.
Pain Package: $499
- Includes initial consult and 2 treatments per week for 4 weeks. Ideal for recent traumatic injuries, chronic pain, and pain from repetitive use.
- Treatments will include a combination of distal and trigger point therapy.
Initial Consult: $125
- Includes comprehensive intake and acupuncture
Single treatment (for established clients only): $90
10 treatments: (fr established clients only): $800
1 Month Client- $390
- Includes initial consult/acupuncture and 3 additional acupuncture treatments
3 month client- $350/month
- Includes initial consult/acupuncture, 10 acupuncture treatments, and 1 B12 injection or cupping session per month
6 month client- $320/month
- Includes initial consult/acupuncture, 18 acupuncture treatments, 1 B12 or cupping session per month, and metabolic assessment/nutrition strategy session with Remedy's nutritionist
* At your Initial Consult we will discuss these options in more detail and help you determine what treatment strategy is best for your condition.